Friday, January 31, 2014

The delights of creativity

SUGAR
Yes that is right. Sugar, in some form, is in EVERY THING such as bacon, spice mixes, pasta sauce, even bullion cubes. Seriously those who make our processed foods need to stop. But that is one huge topic to discuss and I wish to move on to other delightful topics.

Cutting sugar and grains from my diet has been a challenge. Though it is increasingly a delightful one. I have had the delight of learning how to make my own almond milk, a satisfying healthier version of chocolate, and many vegetable dishes.

Last night I experimented in making a chocolate sponge cake/ souffle type thing. Though it needs a bit of improvement before I'll feed it to anyone else it has been a delightful dessert with some almond milk.

For lunch today I decided to make stuffed peppers. Now I do not care for the usual type of stuffed peppers. Hamburger, rice, and tomato in green pepper does not pique my appetite. So I did what I often do and mixed a odd combination of what I had.
Broccoli, peas, and onions with a mixture of white fish, fresh lemon juice, and bousin garlic and herbs cheese spread. I stuffed yellow and orange bell peppers with the mixture and set it to bake. About halfway through I covered the tops with shredded mozzarella.
This was the result.
I was pleased to find that my basic concept is workable. The dish however needs a little bit of work to really pop. I will keep working on the recipe and will hopefully post it someday for you all.



In the interim of being unemployed I have been enjoying myself. Not only am I able to experiment with food I have been able to pursue other things. I have plenty of time to read. Besides reading articles online about a range of topics I am also reading a book on keeping fowl, one on keeping bees, and another on horses. I have been able to enjoy time with new friends, care for my home, get to know my new city, and write this blog!

but time is getting on and I have things to do so go enjoy whatever weather you are currently experiencing!!

Happy eating
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment