Thursday, February 13, 2014

Middle of winter blues

Well I can't deny it, I have got the blues. Whether it is from winter, Tim being gone for over two weeks, that I am in a new place, or a combination I am in a bit of a funk. which accounts for my not posting in well over a week. I do apologize.

In the last two weeks I have been a bit busy pursuing jobs, new friendships, and trying to learn the discipline of creating my own schedule. I really do miss having a job that I had to plan around. When I am not working my day has no structure, which is nice for a time but if it goes on to long it does not do me any favors. I keep meaning to make a daily structure and follow it but well.. the following part has not been to successful yet. But this is it! Tomorrow I am going to stick to a plan not matter how I feel!

No more reading my book while I finish my coffee. Instead I will do my back exercises and some stretching. I will get back to teaching myself violin and practice at least ten minutes a day. I will run every-other day when weather permits and do strength training on the days in between. I think I will do those in the afternoon. as for the rest of the time I will continue to pursue a job. I have taken steps toward volunteering at a couple of places and I got two finches for company when Tim is gone. Now time will tell...

Oh and do not worry I have not forgotten to talk a little about food. Last night I finally tried a recipe from pintrist for chilli pepper poppers topped with mashed avocado. I will admit to being lazy I skipped the step where you grind up the chilli before stuffing the peppers. I just globed it on, I figured hey I am the only one eating them so why not? Then while they roasted in the oven I mashed the avocado hoping upon hope that I would be able to eat this avocado reaction free. You see this avocado was organic, big whoop I know but after having an allergic reaction to avocados the last couple of times I tried them I thought that maybe, just maybe, I was reacting to a gmo or some type of pesticide. Nope it was just the avocado. Arggg! I guess this spells the end of avocados for me. Well at least for the time being, I am holding out hope that some day I can eat them again. Not to worry though I had a solution to these topless peppers..... CHEESE! I mean what goes better with chilli than toasty melted cheese?

They sure made a good dinner! I love toasty cheese!

I also decided to make my own version of this. Now I could have made it as it was supposed to be made but well you know me I always gotta play with a recipe haha. So here is what I did.
I boiled a bunch of water and set three or four green tea bags to steep, then after peeling and slicing I added about a one inch piece each of fresh ginger and fresh turmeric root,I was so exited to find the local co-op actually sells fresh turmeric root. I never seen it in whole form before!! Then I chopped up some lemon grass and tossed it in the pot with two large cinnamon sticks and a pealed lemon. Scents of ginger, cinnamon and a hint of something else filled the house. Not a warmer or more inviting smell will you find for a cold February day!
After a while I pulled out the tea bags, added a little apple cider vinegar and placed it in the refrigerator.
This after noon I warmed myself with a cup of the brew and have to say I do believe I have found a wonderful new tea!

Well that does it for food stories but before I go I have to give another blogger a shout out for her homemade cocoa puff recipes. I have made the grain free one twice now, substituting stevia for the honey, and love them!! try them out yourself and tell me what you think.

Happy eating
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment